Aging + Wrinkles
Aging Skin 101
ACHIEVE MORE YOUTHFUL – LOOKING YOU
It’s part of life — our skin changes as we age. It becomes thinner, loses fat, and no longer looks as plump and smooth as it once did. Facial aging actually
begins in your 20s when skin firmness begins to decrease as a result of both
internal (genetics and natural aging) and external (sun exposure, smoking, stress,etc.)factors1.
What happens as we age?
- Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps provide fullness and elasticity
- Hyaluronic acid diminishes as we age, causing skin to lose volume while increasing the chances for wrinkles and folds to appear
To combat signs of facial aging,
THERE ARE THREE MAJOR KINDS OF ANTI-AGING TREATMENTS
Chemical peels, microdermabrasion and laser resurfacing modify the surface of the skin to correct visible signs of sun damage, such as fine lines, irregular pigmentation and blemishes.
Toxins, traditional fillers (hyaluronic acid) and collagen stimulators are injected into facial areas to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles and restore facial contours.
A wide range of surgical procedures exist, like liposuction, face lifts and fat transfers, which are used to remove excess fat, lift severely sagging skin or fill facial hollows. These are the most invasive types of treatment.
WHAT REAL PATIENTS HAVE TO SAY
Hear the experiences of these first-time filler users as they fight the signs of aging with the help of Timeless ® Refyne and Timeless ® Defyne.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP
Combat the signs of aging with Timeless®?
The good news is that you can do something about the signs of facial aging with a product in the Timeless family — to help reveal a younger-looking you.
Products in the Timeless family are used to:
- provide natural-looking results by smoothing away facial wrinkles and folds and adding volume to lips (Timeless)2
- provide subtle lip enhancement and smoothing the lines around them (Timeless Silk)3
- add lift and volume to the cheeks and facial wrinkles and folds (Timeless Lyft)4
- provide natural-looking results to laugh lines with flexibility that allows you to maintain your natural expressions (Timeless Refyne & Timeless Defyne)5,6
That means you get minimally invasive, clinically proven, natural-looking results to help achieve the look you want. Talk to your healthcare provider today to determine if the Timeless family of products is right for you.
- Vleggaar D, Fitzgerald R. Dermatological implications of skin aging: a focus on supraperiosteal volumization for perioral rejuvenation. J Drugs Dermatol. 2008;7:209-220.
- Timeless. Instructions for Use. Galderma Laboratories, L.P., 2016.
- Timeless Silk. Instructions for Use. Galderma Laboratories, L.P., 2016.
- Timeless Lyft. Instructions for Use. Galderma Laboratories, L.P., 2016.
- Data on file. 05DF1502 Clinical Study Report. Fort Worth, TX: Galderma Laboratories, L.P., 2016.
- Data on file. MA-32418 Study Report. Fort Worth, TX: Galderma Laboratories, L.P., 2016
Instructions for Use
Important Safety Information
The Timeless family of products includes Timeless®, Timeless-L®, Timeless® Lyft with Lidocaine, Timeless® Silk, Timeless® Refyne, and Timeless® Defyne.
Timeless® and Timeless-L® are for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Timeless® and Timeless-L® are also indicated for injection into the lips in patients over the age of 21.
Timeless® Lyft with Lidocaine is for deep implantation into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds and for cheek augmentation and for the correction of age-related midface contour deficiencies in patients over the age of 21. Timeless® Lyft with Lidocaine is also indicated for injection into the subcutaneous plane in the dorsal hand to correct volume deficit in patients over the age of 21.
Timeless® Silk is for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral wrinkles in patients over the age of 21.
Timeless® Refyne is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds, in patients over the age of 21.
Timeless® Defyne is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe deep facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds, in patients over the age of 21.
Are there any reasons why I should not use products within the Timeless® family? (Contraindications)
To ensure a safe procedure, your doctor will talk to you about your medical history to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for treatment. You should not use products within the Timeless family if:
- You have severe allergies with a history of severe reactions (anaphylaxis)
- You are allergic to lidocaine or to any of the gram-positive bacterial proteins used to make hyaluronic acid
- You are prone to bleeding or have been diagnosed with a bleeding disorder
Are there other precautions that I should discuss with my doctor?
- Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or trying to become pregnant. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy, or in women who are breastfeeding, has not been studied
- Timeless, Timeless-L, Timeless® Lyft with Lidocaine, Timeless Refyne and Timeless Defyne are intended to treat facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Timeless and Timeless-L are also intended for lip enhancement. Timeless® Lyft with Lidocaine is also intended for injection in the dorsal hand to correct volume loss. Treatments in other areas of the face or body have not been evaluated in clinical studies.
- The safety and effectiveness of Timeless® Silk for areas other than the lips and perioral area have not been evaluated in clinical studies.
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of scarring, particularly thick and stiff scars, or any pigmentation (skin color) disorders. These side effects can occur with hyaluronic acid fillers in general.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on any medications to decrease your body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- Tell your doctor if you are using any “blood thinners” such as aspirin, warfarin, or any other medications that affect bleeding. Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- The use of these products on gel injection sites with skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or infections should be postponed until healing is complete. Use of product in these areas could delay healing or make your skin problems worse.
- Tell your doctor if you have diseases, injuries, or disabilities of the hand.
What are the possible side effects?
The most commonly observed side effects are swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, lump formation, itching at the injection site, and impaired hand function. These are typically mild in severity and typically resolve in less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14 days in lips. Serious but rare side effects include delayed onset infections, recurrence of herpetic eruptions, and superficial necrosis at the injection site.
To report a side effect with any of the Timeless products, please call Galderma Laboratories, L.P. at 1-855-425-8722.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel. The chances of this happening are very small, but if it does happen, the complications can be serious, and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring of the skin.
The Timeless family of products is available only through a licensed practitioner. Complete Instructions for Use are available at www.TimelessUSA.com.
© 2018 Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.